This small portion of the Cemetery is not, strictly speaking, a separate part of the Cemetery complex, but is an integral part of the General Cemetery and the Syrian Druses Association holds the lease.
The Syrian Druses Association was granted lease 15014 on the 27th August 1928 for an area sufficient for 26 single allotments. At that time there were 180 Druses (who had emigrated from Lebanon) residing in South Australia.
On the 16th January 1934 N.H. Rasheed on behalf of the Association applied to the Cemetery for a fifty percent increase in size of the allotment. However the application was refused.
This allotment is located in the Eyre Section of the General Cemetery. Records of burial are to be found in the burial registers of the General Cemetery.
Reference: S.A.Archives GRG 38, Series 64, D3534.
"Inscriptions from West Terrace Cemetery Vol. II"
© 1984 Andrew G Peake