Kenton Valley Baptist Church Cemetery

Kenton Valley

 

Look Ups

Gravesecrets
Headstone Photos

The Kenton Valley Baptist Church was build in the year 1849 and was named ‘Aenon Church', meaning ‘Close to Salem'.

The Rev. J P Buttifled, who came from the mission field in British Honduras in 1848, was mainly instrumental in the building of this little church.

In the little cemetery at the side of the church (now cleared) only two memorial stones could be deciphered in 1939.

One in the memory of William Wise, one of the pioneers who died in 1875

and the other erected in the memory of a daughter of John Moore, another early pioneer.

Source:  Gumeracha 1839 - 1939  by Gumeracha Centennial Celebrations Committee  ISBN 0 86946 328 4

 

Photos and Data by

These pages were produced by P.Applebee ©2008