St.Marks C/E Cemetery

Main North Road
Penwortham

 

Headstone List

  Gravesecrets
Headstone Photos

   


 

The first burial here was that of John Ainsworth Horrocks in 1846. The cemetery is still in use and is located on the eastern side of Main North Road behind the prominent Horrocks cairn. The burials seem to be in three distinct areas not related by date. There is an area close the church shown in the first two pictures, a small area some distance from the church and another larger area still further from the church shown in the last two
pictures. The cemetery is under the control of the Anglican Church. The Clare Regional History Group have the burial register and cemetery plan

 

 

 

 

 

Photos by
Photos by

 

These pages were produced by P.Applebee©2007