Hahndorf St. John's Lutheran Church CemeteryMount Barker Road Hahndorf
The Hahndorf St. John's Church Cemetery has been cleared.
It operated from 1857-883.
The present church (St. Paul's Lutheran) is located on Mount Barker Road, Hahndorf.
A plaque is present at the front of the grounds with names of those believed to be interred there.
St. John's Church was formed in the mid 1850's by Pastor A Kappler.
A small brick church was dedicated on Christmas Day 1857.
It was demolished before 1900 having stood behind the manse of the current St. Paul's Church.
Cemeteries of both congregations were used until 1883. Few records of the early years survive.