Kensington Pioneer Park (ex Cemetery)

cnr Maesbury St and High St
Kensington

Online Data

 

 

 

Formerly the cemetery attached to "The Village Church" which was non denominational and later a Congregational Church.

First burial was Eliza Mitchell on 28/2/1849, Last burial was Emily Ann Hughes in 1962 Cemetery closed by Government proclamation 28/10/1964

Park was created by the Norwood APEX club,a community group, in 1966, and a very large rock with a plaque, which has the names of all those buried in the cemetery was placed in that park and exists today 2005.

 

Burial List kindly donated by

Burial data cross checked and compiled by

These pages were produced by P.Applebee ©2005