Harkaway Cemetery

Mr Darren Marsham
Berwick & Harkaway Cemeteries Trust
PO Box 737
Berwick,  Vic.  3806
Mob:     0477 111 304

 
The Narre Warren & District Family History Group Inc.
Transcripts & Register

Online Data

Headstone Photos

Online Data

Headstone Photos

Headstone Photos

 

 

Harkaway Cemetery was first formally used as a burial ground in 1855 when residents leased 3 acres for the annual rent of a peppercorn if demanded. In 1869 a group of residents formed a company and purchased the land, allocating each family a plot for perpetual use. There were no denominational sections and the cemetery remained a private family cemetery until 1905. Known as Zions Hill Cemetery in the 1860s and 1870s, member families consisted largely of German speaking Lutherans, and English born settlers including the a'Beckett and Robinson families.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photos By

 

For Further Information

These pages were produced by P.Applebee©2006