Yielima is a small township just north of Nathalia on the Nathalia to Cobram Road. Selectors had moved into the Yielima area during 1875-1876.
On 24 August, 1878 a request for land to be set aside for a cemetery was made on behalf of the residents of the area. On 14 July, 1879 an area of nine acres, 3 roods and 38 perches was temporarily reserved by the Governor in Council and Gazetted on 18 July, 1879 [VGG 1879/1816].
In June, 1880. State School Yielima was opened and in 1951 the school was closed with the children being bussed to Nathalia State School
In 1956 [VGG 1956/1016] the cemetery reservation was revoked and was noted to be reserved as a recreation reserve. In 1991 the land was re-reserved as a Natural Interest Reserve.
Bundoora, Victoria, Australia