Argyle Downs Homestead Cemetery

Argyle Downs

 

 

Online Data

Australian Cemeteries Index
Online Data

 

Argyle Downs Homestead - the centre from which to see Lake Argyle - has its own colourful history. In the late 1880's Patsy Durack and his two brothers built it after a two year trek from Queensland bringing with them wagons, carts and 2,000 head of cattle - the beginning of the giant Kimberley beef industry.

They built a natural stone homestead of great interest. As the waters of the lake rose it was in danger of being flooded. In 1971 it was dismantled and reconstructed stone by stone on its present site at the head of the dam.

Click Image to Enlarge

 

 

 

Photos and Data by

Photographs by

These pages were produced by P.Applebee t©2006